No announcement yet.

Updating Green Card application from EB3 to EB2 after getting Master's Degree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Green Card application from EB3 to EB2 after getting Master's Degree

Hello All,

I am currently on F-1 Status and doing my masters from ABC university. I was suppose to graduate in December 2015 but got an extension and will be graduating in May 2016.
    I will be on Post OPT from February 2016. I will be working with XYZ company which will file my H-1B under Undergraduate category.According to my company's immigration my green card application will be filed under EB3 instead of EB2.
    I have this doubt that is there any way to update your green card application from EB3 to EB2 category after I get graduate and get master's degree.
    Please help and suggest!
    Thanks
    Roohi

Originally posted by Roohi Bharti View Post
    Hello All,

I am currently on F-1 Status and doing my masters from ABC university. I was suppose to graduate in December 2015 but got an extension and will be graduating in May 2016.
    I will be on Post OPT from February 2016. I will be working with XYZ company which will file my H-1B under Undergraduate category.According to my company's immigration my green card application will be filed under EB3 instead of EB2.
    I have this doubt that is there any way to update your green card application from EB3 to EB2 category after I get graduate and get master's degree.
    Please help and suggest!
    Thanks
    Roohi
    Though it is possible to port from EB3 to EB2, but not for the same job description.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Though it is possible to port from EB3 to EB2, but not for the same job description.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      I am being hired for a job description which requires a minimum qualification of Masters degree. Even in this case I cannot upgrade from EB3 to EB2 without change of job decription?
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Roohi Bharti View Post
        I am being hired for a job description which requires a minimum qualification of Masters degree. Even in this case I cannot upgrade from EB3 to EB2 without change of job decription?
        Thanks in advance.
        If you are being hired for a job which needs Master's, how is it that you are able to perform your duties even before getting the Master's degree?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          If you are being hired for a job which needs Master's, how is it that you are able to perform your duties even before getting the Master's degree?
          As I said that my masters got delayed at the last moment and I had already accepted the job offer by then.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X