Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer to another employer without approval from current

Hello,

I am on an H1B visa with a I-94 valid until August 2016.
    I moved out from Company A to Company B on December 1 after getting the receipt number from the petition filed by company B. Now, there is another company (Company C) that I was really interested that is planning to file for my H1b and I want to join them because it's local to where I live.
    Considering that its already 16 days since I have joined Company B, and my H1B is under regular processing (not approved yet), can I do another transfer to Company C with the help of paystubs from Company B? Or should I wait until I get the approval (H1b approval) for Company B first before moving on.

The reason I ask is that Company C might not wait that long.

Please help.

Originally posted by sharma_im View Post
    Hello,

I am on an H1B visa with a I-94 valid until August 2016.
    I moved out from Company A to Company B on December 1 after getting the receipt number from the petition filed by company B. Now, there is another company (Company C) that I was really interested that is planning to file for my H1b and I want to join them because it's local to where I live.
    Considering that its already 16 days since I have joined Company B, and my H1B is under regular processing (not approved yet), can I do another transfer to Company C with the help of paystubs from Company B? Or should I wait until I get the approval (H1b approval) for Company B first before moving on.

The reason I ask is that Company C might not wait that long.

Please help.
    You should wait until you get final decision for company B.

Comment

Originally posted by Paskhan View Post
      You should wait until you get final decision for company B.
      Thanks Paskhan for the reply!

Well, I originally thought it's wise to wait until I get the approval from Company B, but it seems in the current project that I am on since December 1, it's on an EVVC model which might bring up issues for the visa approval.
      Where as Company C actually has direct clients themselves and has a better career path.

I talked with Company C and they said that I do not need to have any H1b documentation from Company B, I just the paystubs to prove that I was in valid status after moving out of Company A.

Do you still think there might be issues with this sort of strategy?

Comment

Following up!

Hello Everyone going through this post, could you please help me with the query?
        Thanks a ton!

Comment

Appreciate any help. Thank you so much in advance.

Comment

Well technically C can file their own cap exempt petition for you but it will be treated as a bridge petition, which in turn means that unless B's petition is approved, C's decision would either be held up or would get approved as consular process(without an I-94). Read around for bride petition details.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              Well technically C can file their own cap exempt petition for you but it will be treated as a bridge petition, which in turn means that unless B's petition is approved, C's decision would either be held up or would get approved as consular process(without an I-94). Read around for bride petition details.

Thank you Raghvi for your advice. I am not sure if C gave me correct advice then - they said that they don't need any documentation from B except for the payslips and this will NOT be considered as bridge petition. . They just need the payslips so that they can prove that I was in legal status when I was transitioning (during my time at B) from A to C.

I should probably talk to a lawyer soon then.

Comment

Thank you Raghvi for your advice. I am not sure if C gave me correct advice then - they said that they don't need any documentation from B except for the payslips and this will NOT be considered as bridge petition. . They just need the payslips so that they can prove that I was in legal status when I was transitioning (during my time at B) from A to C.

Just one more thing - My I94 is valid until April of 2016. If I have a valid I-94, will it still go under Bridge Petition?

Comment

Merely having payslips from an employer does not prove valid status. Having payslips for an employer who had an approved petition, along with I-94, for that duration proves ones valid status.

Comment

Merely having payslips from an employer does not prove valid status. Having payslips for an employer who had an approved petition, along with I-94, for that duration proves ones valid status.

I guess you are right. Will having a valid I94 (valid until April 2016) be of any help in this scenario, especially avoiding bridge petitions. Because currently I am on an EVVVC model which has slim chances of getting approved. C on the other hand would be an EC model, but I want to join only if B's pending petition has no impact. Again - valid I-94.

My apologies for the dumb questions if any. And many thanks Raghvi!

Comment

I guess you are right. Will having a valid I94 (valid until April 2016) be of any help in this scenario, especially avoiding bridge petitions. Because currently I am on an EVVVC model which has slim chances of getting approved. C on the other hand would be an EC model, but I want to join only if B's pending petition has no impact. Again - valid I-94.

My apologies for the dumb questions if any. And many thanks Raghvi!
                      I would stongly suggest having C apply their petition in premium as consular process. Leave US, and re enter with C's petition, and if possible, C's visa as current visa seems to be expiring in next 4 Months.

Comment

I would stongly suggest having C apply their petition in premium as consular process. Leave US, and re enter with C's petition, and if possible, C's visa as current visa seems to be expiring in next 4 Months.

Thanks Raghvi for your opinion. Will definitely keep this point during discussions with C. Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X