Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help to determine on the which visa I am now

Hi, mine is a different case
    I applied for H1 visa and it got approved this year on April 2015, since there were very few jobs on H1 in the city I live, I decided to take advantage of H4 EAD and applied for visa status on July 2015. Later I changed my mind and decided to stay on H1 and I sent a withdraw letter to USCIS on September 20th 2015 to withdraw my H4 EAD application but that very next day I got mail saying that my H4 EAD got approved. I sent another note to USCIS that i would like to stay on H1 but I didn't get any acknowledgement, how can I know on which visa I am now? Am I on H1 or H4?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Was your H1B a brand new H1B filed under quota? What was the effective date of your H1B? When did you file your H4 EAD and when did it get approved?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Yeah my H1is brand new, applied on April 2015, effective date is October 2015, I filed H4EAD on July 2015 and it got approved on September 20th 2015

Comment

Well, in that case your current status is H1B. You should be working for the H1B sponsor and getting paid from Oct 1st to maintain your H1B status. If not, you are considered to be out of status on H1B.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X