Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1. Travelling to India.

Hi,

I'm currently on H4 with an expiry date of May 31st, 2016 and I'm planning to apply for H1B next year through consular processing. I will be traveling to India in April and i'm planning to come back only in October after i get my H1B stamped.

1. If i apply for H4 extension in the meanwhile, will it cause any problems?
    2. Will i have to apply change of status from H4 to H1 even when i don't plan on coming back before October?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Manjulaganesh View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently on H4 with an expiry date of May 31st, 2016 and I'm planning to apply for H1B next year through consular processing. I will be traveling to India in April and i'm planning to come back only in October after i get my H1B stamped.

1. If i apply for H4 extension in the meanwhile, will it cause any problems?
    2. Will i have to apply change of status from H4 to H1 even when i don't plan on coming back before October?

Thank you.
    When are you planning to apply for H4 extension? I dont understand the need for it if you are leaving in April 2016 and coming in Oct 2016 on H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1b Visa

Hello

I am on L1 B visa in USA till Feb 28 2016 and travelling back to India, and my future employees are filing H1B for me ,
      1. is that fine if I will be going back to india, Please let me know if any changes need to be considered
      2. can more then one company file H1B for me.
      3. Do I need to place a request for change of address.
      4. where I will get chance for Visa interview if it got selected in lottery , is it in india or I have to travel back to USA for visa interview.

Vivek

Comment

1. is that fine if I will be going back to india, Please let me know if any changes need to be considered
        >>> Well, you can go. No issues. The employer will need to file the H1B for consular process. Once approved, you should get the H1B visa stamped and re-enter to work for the employer.

2. can more then one company file H1B for me.
        >>> Yes.

3. Do I need to place a request for change of address.
        >>> Change of address from where to where? Outside U.S?

4. where I will get chance for Visa interview if it got selected in lottery , is it in india or I have to travel back to USA for visa interview.
        >>> U.S visas will be issued only at the U.S consulate. There will be no U.S consulates within U.S. Your first time H1B stamping should be from your home country.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X