Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing L1-B to H1-B

Hi

My L1-B visa expires in May 2016 and I have just been granted a H1-B visa.

I now need to get the visa stamp in my passport and I understand that I cannot do this while I am in the US (I am a UK citizen and got my original L1 from London US Embassy).

Does anyone know if I can take my passport to a US based embassy/official building and get my visa ?

or do I have to go to London?

or can I go over the border to Canada and get my visa stamp at US Embassy in Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa?

Many thanks

Originally posted by yorky View Post
    Hi

My L1-B visa expires in May 2016 and I have just been granted a H1-B visa.

I now need to get the visa stamp in my passport and I understand that I cannot do this while I am in the US (I am a UK citizen and got my original L1 from London US Embassy).

Does anyone know if I can take my passport to a US based embassy/official building and get my visa ?

or do I have to go to London?

or can I go over the border to Canada and get my visa stamp at US Embassy in Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa?

Many thanks
    Is your H1 and L1 employer same? Was H1 applied as COS or as Consular process?

A Visa stamp can only be got at a US consulate outside US. As for neighboring countries, it is advisable to get first H1 stamped at home country unless you have higher education/bulk of work ex in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi

[QUOTE=raghvi;441413]Is your H1 and L1 employer same? Was H1 applied as COS or as Consular process?

Yes my L1 and H1 employer is the same.

A Visa stamp can only be got at a US consulate outside US. As for neighboring countries, it is advisable to get first H1 stamped at home country unless you have higher education/bulk of work ex in US.

OK, so I guess heading up to Canada for it isn't going to work. I was trying to avoid a trip for myself and my family back to London but it looks like it cant be avoided.

Comment

L1B to H1B

Hello

I am on L1 B visa in USA till Feb 28 2016 and travelling back to India, and my future employees are filing H1B for me ,
        1. is that fine if I will be going back to india, Please let me know if any changes need to be considered
        2. can more then one company file H1B for me.
        3. Do I need to place a request for change of address.
        4. where I will get chance for Visa interview if it got selected in lottery , is it in india or I have to travel back to USA for visa interview.

Vivek

Comment

Please do not hijack an running thread. Post a new one to keep clarity.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X