Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Canceled at Port of Entry : Can I get B1/B2 visa to visit USA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Canceled at Port of Entry : Can I get B1/B2 visa to visit USA ?

Hi Experts:
    In 2012, my H1B visa was canceled at port of entry without any reason. I want to visit USA now. My question is that how much chances I have to get B1/B2 visa now ? And what the suggestions I have ? I am Permanent Resident of Canada and doing Professional Job. Will wait for your valuable reply. Thank You

Originally posted by Optimistic6 View Post
    Hi Experts:
    In 2012, my H1B visa was canceled at port of entry without any reason. I want to visit USA now. My question is that how much chances I have to get B1/B2 visa now ? And what the suggestions I have ? I am Permanent Resident of Canada and doing Professional Job. Will wait for your valuable reply. Thank You
    Cant be without a reason. They must have given under what Clause/CFR law they have done so. Chances of a B1/B2 seem remote as they will always assume you will do H1 work while on B1/B2.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Cant be without a reason. They must have given under what Clause/CFR law they have done so. Chances of a B1/B2 seem remote as they will always assume you will do H1 work while on B1/B2.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Hi Thank you for your reply. But as I said they did not give any solid reason but the visa was cancelled with following statement " it was discovered ------(my name)---- has issued H1B in error and was not in possession of a valid H1B visa . ----(my name)--- is inadmissible to the United States in accordance with section 212(a) (7) (B) (1) (2), of the immigration and nationality Act, as a nonimmigrant not in possession of valid nonimmigrant visa. ---(my name)---- was processed for withdrawal I-275 pursuant to section 235(a) (4)".

Still I could not understand the reason why they cancelled it. But now I am doing a professional job with more than 60,000 CAD a year. So I need an expert opinion that by considering my present situation, should I apply for B1/B2 ? I am stable in Canada now. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X