Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i visit Bahamas with approved H1B extension but stamping expired

Hi,

My H1B stamped on my passport is valid till Dec 31st'2015 even I94 also gets expired at 31st Dec 2015.

I have approved petition notice (I797A/B) of H1B extension which is valid till Feb'2018.

Heard that there is new clause released that we can visit Bahamas & Canada without stamping on passport but with valid approval notice.

Could you please confirm whether i can travel to Bahamas for 3-4days without getting stamped on my passport.

VISA revalidation process is effective

without-needing-a-visa-stamp/

Is this law effective now? Can I go to Canada & Bahamas for 2-3days trip with I797 approval notice but no stamping on passport?
    Last edited by Antonise; 12-23-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Appreciate response for this please

I m waiting for the reply. QUOTE=Srivadana;441615]without-needing-a-visa-stamp/
      I m waiting for the reply to this post. It would be great help.
      Is this law effective now? Can I go to Canada & Bahamas for 2-3days trip with I797 approval notice but no stamping on passport?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Srivadana View Post
        I m waiting for the reply. QUOTE=Srivadana;441615]without-needing-a-visa-stamp/
        I m waiting for the reply to this post. It would be great help.
        Is this law effective now? Can I go to Canada & Bahamas for 2-3days trip with I797 approval notice but no stamping on passport?
        [/QUOTE]

Found this excerpt while searching for an answer to my problem (different). You may find it helpful -

There is a special provision called automatic visa revalidation which allows those whose U.S. entry visa has expired to briefly visit Canada or Mexico (for H-1B and O-1 temporary workers) and Canada, Mexico, Saint Pierre, Miquelon, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica, the Windward and Leeward Islands, Trinidad, Martinique, and other British, French and Netherlands territories or possessions in or bordering the Caribbean Sea, except Cuba, (for J-1 scholars and student interns) and return to the United States without applying for a new visa at a U.S. consulate. The following rules apply to automatic visa revalidation:

The time outside the United States must not exceed 30 days and may be spent only in Canada and Mexico (for J, H or O) or adjacent islands (for J only).
        You must not be a citizen of a country that the Department of State has determined to be a sponsor of terrorism. Currently this includes Iran, Sudan and Syria.
        You must have a valid Form DS-2019 or I-797 approval notice (for H and O visa holders). Those in J-1 status must have a valid travel signature on their Form DS-2019.
        You must have a valid passport (valid six months into the future).
        You must have maintained status while in the United States and intend to resume that status when you return to the United States.
        You must present your I-94 card (if you have a paper I-94 card) or Form I-94 from your most recent entry (available at www.cbp.gov/i94) upon re-entry to the United States.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X