Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i have personal trip for 2months on B1/B2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i have personal trip for 2months on B1/B2?

Hi,

I have H4 stamped which is getting expired this Dec 31st' 2015. But i have B1/B2 which is valid for next 10yrs.

Can i go to US for my personal trip to join my spouse for 2months (60days) with this B1/B2?

Or Do i have to get H4 extended again? Please advise.

It depends on the purpose of your trip. If it is tourism (and if you can prove that), then you can enter using B1/B2. If not, you will need a valid H4 visa to enter as a dependent.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Carrying return ticket will suffice..?

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      It depends on the purpose of your trip. If it is tourism (and if you can prove that), then you can enter using B1/B2. If not, you will need a valid H4 visa to enter as a dependent.
      Hi Sherwin,

I will carry my return ticket as its my pleasure trip to stay with my spouse for couple of months. How I need to prove that I came for just tourism? This will be completely pleasure trip. Please advise.

Comment

Well, like I said B2 is for tourism. So an itinerary with your travel plan while you are in U.S (Places that you will visit, hotel reservations, flight/train/bus reservations etc) will help if questions. These are only precautions. Probably they won't ask much and will let you in.

Originally posted by Srivadana View Post
        Hi Sherwin,

I will carry my return ticket as its my pleasure trip to stay with my spouse for couple of months. How I need to prove that I came for just tourism? This will be completely pleasure trip. Please advise.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X