H1-B visa stamping - Client Letter vs. SOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa stamping - Client Letter vs. SOW

Friends - my H1 application got approved recently and I am preparing to go for visa stamping. My consultant in USA assures me that he has a blanket statement of work (SOW) with my employer and that meets the requirements for visa stamping, and an additional client letter is not needed. I thought client letter is a key document for visa stamping. Does anybody have any experience getting visa just with SOW? Appreciate if you can share your experience so I can go better prepared. Thank you in advance.

Folks, please respond if you have any experience with the above-mentioned. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by cooldude4fun View Post
      Folks, please respond if you have any experience with the above-mentioned. Thank You.
      If I were you I would tread carefully and not take the consultants word blindly. I havent heard of a "blanket SOW" which can be used to petition for all employers the employer wishes to file H1 for. The VO can still insist on a specific client letter requesting for specifically you to be part of the project. Remember, the reason USCIS/Consulates request for client letter is to safeguard you and your job as that is a written confirmation that there is work for your skill sets for a specific duration.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you Raghvi. Appreciate your timely response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X