Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Travel to India, Visa change

Hi All,
    I planned to go to India all of a sudden and I am leaving on Feb 8th. I came to US on a H4 visa and changed my status to H1 after getting here. In my trip to India, I would have to visit the Consulate to change my status to H1 on the passport.
    I was looking at the visa appointment dates and I see the closest ones towards the end of May. My firm has granted me a two-month leave(max). I wanted to get my new visa within this period during my stay in India and return to my husband in US without any complications. Is there anyway or any provision to allow emergency visa appointments and if yes, what documents do I need to provide to show my urgency.
    I also want to confirm if my being pregnant(15 weeks) now will reduce my chances of getting a visa or cause issues about my visa.

Thanks,
    Diana

Hi,
    If you have already started for the US employer on the H1B, then take an emergency appointment. In such a case the document that you need to show to prove your emergency is whatever substantiates your continuous employment.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X