Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I move to LA/USA from the UK?

Hi,

I have been wanting to move to LA for a number of years now, almost 5 but need a little guidance to take the plunge. I have read up as much as I can about moving to the USA, and it seems very tricky indeed and was looking for clear advice on what to do, and even what not to do.

So far, the main Visa's I have found are:

B-1 Temporary visitor for business
    B-2 Temporary visitor for pleasure
    E-1 Treaty Trader, spouse and children
    E-2 Treaty Investor, spouse and children
    F-1 Academic Student
    H-1B Specialty Occupations,IT workers,fashion models Bridge designers
    H-1C Nurses going to work for up to three years in health professional shortage areas
    H-2A Temporary Agricultural Worker
    H-2B Temporary worker: skilled and unskilled
    H-4 Spouse or child of H-1, H-2, H-3
    J-1 Visas for exchange visitors
    K-1 Fiance(e)
    K-3 Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (LIFE Act)
    L-1A Executive, managerial
    L-1B Specialized knowledge
    M-1 Vocational student or other nonacademic student
    O-1 Extraordinary ability in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business, or Athletics
    P-1 Entertainment groups
    R-1 Religious workers
    S-6 Informant of terrorism information

Some facts about me:

I am a 27 year old women
    I am working as a Fashion Publications Coordinator in Publishing, previously working in Fashion Buying
    I have a BSc Hons degree in Fashion Buying
    Been working in Fashion for 3 years and before that in part-time jobs and basic admin for 8 years, totalling to 11 years of work experience
    Fluent in English
    I am not tied down in the UK by work, assets or family
    I am looking for permanent residence
    I do not think I would be eligible for E Visas as I don't have enough capital to invest in a business that would employ Americans
    I am not engaged to or dating an American citizen

Which Visa do you think I would be most eligible for, if any?

On the job front, I've searched for jobs in the USA (not necessarily LA) which mainly results in a list of just jobs in the region and not necessarily those that sponsor Visas. And when I specifically Google jobs that do (i.e Google jobs with the term H-1B), it actually gives me the opposite; jobs that specify that they DON'T sponsor H-1B. Other forums have suggested using websites like Monster and Reed but these are the culprits of the above search results.

Are there any websites that solely list jobs in the USA that DO sponsor? So far, I have only found the Working Abroad website to have this and a website that claims it will tell you if you pay them every month. Should I be searching for H-1B at all?

I have also searched for the biggest companies in the US that sponsor but they tend to be the started technical and digital companies like Microsoft, Cisco, IBM etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this means so much to me! Happy new year to everyone too and I hope you all had a **** *al Christmas

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X