H1B Transfer after expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer after expired

Hello , I got H1B in the year of Nov-2008 with expiry date Jul-2011. I was in US on H1B with Company ABC from Nov-2008 to Feb-2011 and returned to India. But Recently, I traveled to US (10 months ago) on L1B with company XYZ. Now, can I transfer my H1B to different company? Any help in this regard highly appreciated..

Thanks,

Originally posted by shiva1980 View Post
    Hello , I got H1B in the year of Nov-2008 with expiry date Jul-2011. I was in US on H1B with Company ABC from Nov-2008 to Feb-2011 and returned to India. But Recently, I traveled to US (10 months ago) on L1B with company XYZ. Now, can I transfer my H1B to different company? Any help in this regard highly appreciated..

Thanks,
    Yes, you probably can. Another employer can file a cap exempt H1 petition for you with immediate start date. You would get 6 Years Minus time already spent in H1+L1 status though.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you. And also could you please let me know the documents that are required to file a cap exempt H1 petition ..

Comment

All that you need is a copy of the previous H1B approval notice to prove that you are already CAP counted.

Originally posted by shiva1980 View Post
        Thank you. And also could you please let me know the documents that are required to file a cap exempt H1 petition ..
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have one more question.

My Cap exempt H1 petition with new employer is in process now. I except it will be done by end of this month. it means that, I would get 6 Years Minus time already spent in H1+L1 status though. After this process is completed, If I move back to L1B (subject to conversion with my L1 sponsor) , can I use my H1B anytime in next 3 years(subject to conversion).

Thanks,

Comment

H1B Transfer with expired petition

Team,

I've H1B from Company ABC, worked in US for 2.5 years and returned to India. My H1B is expired as on Oct-2014.
            Now, I'm planning to move to another company XYZ. Can XYZ company file for renew of my H1B under CAP exemption?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
            -Uday.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X