H4 Visa Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Renewal

I am currently in US on H4 visa and my visa expires on Sept 2016. I got my first visa stamping from India. I have few questions regarding this scenario.

1) Is there any time limit before I have to start the extension process?

2) Is it true that I can get my visa stamped in India under IWP (Interview waiver program)?

3) Do I have to attend the visa interview, fingerprinting and biometrics again if I go for visa stamping in any of the neighboring countries(Canada/Mexico)?

Can someone please help me with these questions?

Thanks

[QUOTE=sparky_0408;442553]I am currently in US on H4 visa and my visa expires on Sept 2016. I got my first visa stamping from India. I have few questions regarding this scenario.

1) Is there any time limit before I have to start the extension process?
    >>> Extension can be filed within 6 months from the I-94 expiry date. Sooner yu begin the process, it is better. Because it takes about 5-6 months these days to get a decision.

2) Is it true that I can get my visa stamped in India under IWP (Interview waiver program)?
    >>> If you are eligible, then YES.

3) Do I have to attend the visa interview, fingerprinting and biometrics again if I go for visa stamping in any of the neighboring countries(Canada/Mexico)?
    >>> That depends on where you attend the visa interview. If you plan to attend the visa interview in a third nation country, then check the appropriate U.S consulate to figure out if they have a visa interview waiver program and if that is applicable to third nation citizens.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X