Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 - DS160 before marriage - 'Employment status'

Hello everyone,
    I am yet to be married but I am filling DS160 now, for applying H4 visa for my wife (fiance now). She's currently employed. But by the time she goes for visa stamping after marriage, she would've resigned (relieve date is two weeks before visa stamping).
    Under employment details section, should I mention that she's employed or not?
    If I try to enter 'unemployed', and then I provide the employment details under 'previous employer' section, I am unable to provide 'employment end date' in the future.

DS160 should be filled keeping your interview date on mind. The information there should be as of the date of interview.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      DS160 should be filled keeping your interview date on mind. The information there should be as of the date of interview.
      Thanks for the response.

Do you mean that I should mention that she's 'UNEMPLOYED'? If I do that, don't I have to provide her employment details under 'Previous Employer' section? In this section, I am unable to provide future date as 'Employment end date'.

Comment

Actually for H4 visa stamping, the employment history does not matter so much. You can either enter "Unemployed" and provided the date of filling the application as employment end date or you can specify as employed and provide appropriate details. This won't matter so much for H4. You can call the customer service and they will be able to help. You can even email them and they will respond back within 24 hours.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Actually for H4 visa stamping, the employment history does not matter so much. You can either enter "Unemployed" and provided the date of filling the application as employment end date or you can specify as employed and provide appropriate details. This won't matter so much for H4. You can call the customer service and they will be able to help. You can even email them and they will respond back within 24 hours.
          Thanks a lot!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X