Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Layoff and Visa Transfer options.

Hello Friends,

I am layed off and on compnay payroll until Jan 18th 2016. Not sure if my company would file for cancellation of my H1B visa. My Visa is valid for the company until

Nov 2016.I also have an approved I-140 PERM from the current employer for green card. I have the receipt number too.I had family issues and to resolve them I am in

INDIA. THey have now been taken care of.I am in the process of interview with 2 companies.

Question: How can I maintain a valid Status in USA.

Option 1: Apply for a B-1/B-2 tourist visa.Is this a valid option?
    Q: Should I come to USA before applying for a tourist visa or apply for the visa first and then arrive to USA but before 18th Jan. I would prefer the later, please

confirm.
    Q: What is the approximate expense for the same.
    Q: If I get a job the employer would need to apply for change in status to H1B from B-1/B-2 tourist visa. Will the new H1b be valid immediately after application/will

I be able to work immediately after application or will it be on a lottery basis and validity start date would be OCtober 1st 2016?

Option 2: Apply for a dependent visa based on my wifes F1 status.
    Q: What are the chances of approval of my F2 Visa.
    Q: If I get a job the employer would need to apply for change in status to H1B from F2 dependent visa. Will the new H1b be valid immediately after application/will I

be able to work immediately after application or will it be on a lottery basis and validity start date would be OCtober 1st 2016?

Option 3: Get a job and continue the status. I am working on it but the timeline is lengthy. so would need a workaround.

Option 4: Apply for a F1 Status.
    Q: What are the chances of approval of my F1 Visa.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X