Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to apply for H4?

Hi,

My husband has got his H1B Visa approved recently and he is traveling to the US in the end of Jan'16. I would like to apply for H4 Visa. I have a few questions regarding the application procedure.

1. He is traveling in the end of Jan. Can I apply for H4 Visa in the end of Jan or start of Feb? (he will not be receiving his payslips until the end of Feb)
    2. Is it possible to apply for H4 before he receives his payslips or is it advisable to wait for 2-3 months until he gets his payslips?
    3. Is it mandatory to get my Spouse's name added in my passport before going for H4 Visa stamping?

It would be very helpful if you can give me information on these questions.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Nan_Kon View Post
    Hi,

My husband has got his H1B Visa approved recently and he is traveling to the US in the end of Jan'16. I would like to apply for H4 Visa. I have a few questions regarding the application procedure.

1. He is traveling in the end of Jan. Can I apply for H4 Visa in the end of Jan or start of Feb? (he will not be receiving his payslips until the end of Feb)
    2. Is it possible to apply for H4 before he receives his payslips or is it advisable to wait for 2-3 months until he gets his payslips?
    3. Is it mandatory to get my Spouse's name added in my passport before going for H4 Visa stamping?

It would be very helpful if you can give me information on these questions.

Thanks in advance!
    1. End of Feb with few stubs would be safer. But if employer is a big company don't see any issues in filing in Jan.
    2. See above.
    3. Not mandatory, but marriage certificate is mandatory apart from other documents.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X