Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is visa stamping requied?

Hi,

My name is Krishna, I just recently had my H1B transferred from one employer to another employer. With my 1st my I-797 was valid till 20017, but after the transfer my I-797 was given till Oct 2016. Along with these I-94 was valid till may-2018. Now I need below clarifications:
    1) Am planning for an INDIA trip some time before Oct 2016. If I go to INDIA do I need to go for stamping as my H1B was transferred? If yes is it okay to go for stamping with two months left with Visa
    2) Why my I-94 was not in sync with my I-797. ?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Krish

1) Am planning for an INDIA trip some time before Oct 2016. If I go to INDIA do I need to go for stamping as my H1B was transferred? If yes is it okay to go for stamping with two months left with Visa
    >>> If you already have a valid H1B visa as of the date of your return and if that visa is valid past your current H1B approval notice, then there is no need to get the visa stamped again. If you want to get the visa stamped, then it is better to extend the petition first and then appear for the visa interview with the extended petition.

2) Why my I-94 was not in sync with my I-797. ?
    >>> I am not sure what you are asking. Are you saying that your extension came with an I-94 attached (to the bottom of the approval) but the approval notice has less expiry date compared to the attached I-94? That is not possible. When does your transferred approval notice expire and when does the I-94 attached to the new approval notice expire?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X