Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa revoked by Chennai Consulate

Hi,

I am a H1B holder currently working in the US. My H1B visa was stamped in 2013 (Chennai consulate) and it is valid till June 2016. Today I got an email from Chennai US consulate stating this
    "This message is being sent to inform you that the non-immigrant U.S. visas which you currently hold have been revoked in accordance with the United States Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The visas are no longer considered valid for travel to the United States. Following the interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Chennai and the subsequent issuance of the visa, additional information became available that indicates you may no longer be eligible for the visas issued. If you desire to travel to the U.S. you must apply for a new visa, at which time your eligibility for the visa will be reviewed and the application adjudicated accordingly."

There was no cause or reason mentioned in the email. Please help me understand my current situation and options.
    Can I continue working here in the US based on my valid I-797 (checked the receipt notice online and still says approved)?
    Should I go back to India and do another visa stamping?
    Can I file for a visa extension now (I got my I-140 approved last month)?
    Any help would be really appreciated

Thank You
    PP

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

i am in same situation

i am in same situation.
      what did you do to fix it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X