X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension Stamping In India

Hi All

It will be really kind if anyone can address to my issue

My H1B and H4 has expired and we both had filed for extension but at different dates as my dependents did not travel with me. As of today i have my H1B approved as it was upgraded to PP, but my H4 still shows "case received" .

Due to an emergency i need to travel and what i understand is as our visa's have expired i need to go for stamping in India. Now my question is as my H4 visa approval notice is not there , can my H4 go for stamping in India with my H1B approval notice.

If H4 stamping is not possible and if i leave my dependents back in india and i alone travel back to USA then in that scenario is there a possibility of rejection of H4 as they are out of the country.

Kindly please help

H4 approval notice is not needed to get the H4 visa stamped. Your dependents can get their H4 stamped based on your approval H1B petition (Your I-797).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      H4 approval notice is not needed to get the H4 visa stamped. Your dependents can get their H4 stamped based on your approval H1B petition (Your I-797).
      As i have already filed for I539 do i need to take any action on cancelling it as our visa's will get stamped when i am in india. Do i need to inform and if yes who and where it should be done.

Comment

You don't need to do anything. Since your dependents will be travelling before getting a decision, the chances are, form I-539 will be declined later.

Originally posted by user2016 View Post
        As i have already filed for I539 do i need to take any action on cancelling it as our visa's will get stamped when i am in india. Do i need to inform and if yes who and where it should be done.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Should it be original I-797 ?

Originally posted by user2016 View Post
          In this case, should H1 person carry original I-797 for stamping or copies accepted if he travels before receiving original in hand?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X