Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justincase
    replied
    H1B Visa Jan 2016 (previous 221g administrative processing) - HYDERABAD CONSULATE

I was granted the H1B US visa in Jan 2016 at the Hyderabad consulate. I am sharing my experience as I received a help from this forum and would like to return the favor. Hope this is useful, especially for people going for the interview with previous history of 221g refusal on administrative processing.

Questions asked by the officer.

A consulate attender already took my passport and gave it to the officer, while I was in the Queue and while another person was attending his interview (Quite normal):

After a while it was my turn:

Officer: What's your height?
    Me: 6'*"

Officer: Isn't it strange in your country?
    Me: Yes, I am the odd man out

officer: LOL, It's ok to be odd than even sometimes

Officer: Who's your petitioner
    Me: **** **** *

Officer: Do you have an end client?
    Me: Yes, but I work from the **** **** *' office not at the end client

Officer: What's your salary
    Me: **** **k per annum

Officer: What's your qualification?
    Me: **** ** OF **** **

Officer: you would be working as?
    Me: **** **** * ( I told my designation)

Officer : Ok your visa is approved

I was about to leave, but....

Officer: Wait wait, why was your visa rejected last time?
    Me: I was given a 221(g) for administrative processing

Officer: but why?
    Me: Administrative processing sir

Officer (LOUD): WHAT'S THE REASON
    Me: Sir, that's the only reason stated on my 221(g) form.

Officer: (Looked at the monitor, I believe he was looking at my DS160 application finding the reason I gave for my earlier refusal there)

This is what I wrote in my DS 160 application:

(AFTER MY VISA INTERVIEW, I WAS ISSUED A 221(G) FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING ON **** **(date). LATER ON **** * (6 months),I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THE CONSULAR ANALYSIS AND LIAISON UNIT, HYDERABAD ASKING ME TO SUBMIT AN UPDATED CLIENT LETTER FROM **** **, BECAUSE THE LETTER THAT I HAD SUBMITTED DURING MY INTERVIEW COVERS THE TIME PERIOD ONLY THROUGH **** *(date)(EMPLOYMENT VALID FOR 6 MONTHS WITH FURTHER SCOPE OF EXTENSION).
    HOWEVER, AS I WAS OUT OF THE US FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS BY THEN AND WASN'T SURE OF MY RETURN DATE TO WORK, I WAS TERMINATED FROM THE ASSIGNMENT. I WAS REFUSED THE LETTER FROM **** ** (Client). HENCE I COULDN'T SUBMIT AN UPDATED CLIENT LETTER TO THE
    CONSULATE. I ONCE AGAIN RECEIVED AN EMAIL ON **** ** (Date after 6 months) FROM THE CONSULATE ASKING ME TO SUBMIT A VALID CLIENT LETTER WITH ONGOING WORK ASSIGNMENT. I COULDN'T SUBMIT A LETTER AS I HAD NO WORK ASSIGNMENT IN THE US, BACK THEN.)

After 10 seconds...

Officer: Looks like we have reached you multiple times?
    Me : Yes sir, I didn't have an updated client letter to submit hence I couldn't get back. I gave up on the visa.

Officer: your visa is approved.
    Me: Thanks

I couldn't believe my luck!!! God is great!

Leave a comment:

• gokavarapu3
    started a topic H1B Visa Interview at Hyderabad @Approved

H1B Visa Interview at Hyderabad @Approved

Hi Everyone,

First i would like to thank Immihelp for maintaining this platform which will help me a lot to face the interview and make confident.

For OFC: Attended on 10th January

This is quite simple and normal Bio-Metrics procedure. Here i will give some information about the DS-160 fillings, if you do any mistakes in DS-160 form
    you can't modify those mistakes but we can fill the new DS-160 form by using the previous DS-160. We can repeat this new DS-160 forms upto 7 times(this number i got to know from the OFC officer)
    and take all the old confirmation pages but don't give it to the OFC officer they only need the final confirmation form which is the latest one.
    Maximum questions they ask like "How many times you filled the DS-160 forms" and "What is the purpose of travelling" and "Where you will stay in US".

Note: This is for Hyderabad consulate, don't know about the other one's.

Final Visa Interview Day: Attended on 11th January

Before me 2 H4 Visa candidates are there.

Questions asked as below

Me: Good Morning Officer
    VO Officer: He didn't wish me back

VO Officer: Who is your Petitioner?
    Me: Told

VO Officer: How many employees are working in Employer company?

VO Officer: What is your Highest Qualification?

VO Officer: What is your Project?
    Me: I am explaining that this is an inhouse project and i'll get to know once i report to my employer, here VO Officer interrupted me and said No i won't accept this you have to tell about your project now.
    The same question he asked me for 3 times and at all the times i have given the same answer at this time VO serious-ed on me and he removed his headset and went to his colleagues place and discussed some thing and returned back after 45 Sec.
    Again he came back and asked me the same question and i am trying to repeat the same answer again he interrupted me saying that "you are wasting my time and as well many people those who are waiting for their interview".
    This time i spontaneously saying that what i am doing the roles in my current company the same i am going to perform at Employers place and i given couple of my current roles and responsibilities (here again the VO Officer said you are memorizing the points and giving here and i said 'NO')

Here i am very much tensed and my heart beat is increasing.

VO Officer: What is your Salary?

VO Officer: What is your Designation?

VO Officer: How long you have been working in this company?
    Me: I said this is a new Employment

VO Officer: He asked my I797, And all Employer documents
    Me: Given, he's verifying all the details and typing something on his system.

Finally he returned my all documents and kept my passport with him and said "Your Visa is Approved". After this he warned about the "Port of Entry in US (Immigration)" may be they will ask you the same questions over there at that time you have give your project details.

Me: Thank you officer for your suggestions and left the counter.

My counter counter number is 13 but i am sure those VO Officer will change their places like jumbling on everyday (because they are too smart than us).

Till now i didn't put my experience here, because i am very tensed about my result because of my project issue with VO so i thought once i see my result with green signal and then i can post it here.
    Now i am very happy finally my passport status is in "Ready to pickup" today i called US call center people to ask when can i collect my passport from the Bangalore location which i given while scheduling the interview, they told i can pick my passport on 19th January because they work Monday to Friday this Friday is public holiday and as well Monday also. So, i have to wait until 19th to get my passport.

Be Confident and make the eye contact with VO Officer and wear the formal dress (light color shirts and dark trousers) because first impression is the best and prepare well about the "Employer, Client, Project (if it's inhouse also)

Thanks Again and ALL THE BEST FRIENDS..........

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X