Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS-160 Questions for me(H1B) and my wife(H4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 Questions for me(H1B) and my wife(H4)

I and my wife are in the USA for last 2 years on H1B and H4 visa respectively. We have visa stamping(actually first re-stamping for both of us) in India next month. I am filling out the DS 160 forms and have following questions:

1) I extended my visa in 2014 and have not been to India for stamping since. Currenlty my petition was amended(Approved) as I moved to a new location in USA. So while filling out the DS160 should I use the latest petition number that I got after amendment? Also, what petition number my wife should use - should she use my petition number or the petition she got after our extension in 2014(her petition number in I797A)?

2) one question in ds-160 is - Is your father/mother in the USA? - currently my parents are not in USA, but when I go for stamping, they will be here on tourist visa (visiting my sisters), so what should be filled here?

3) My wife has left for India just 4 days back, so while filling out this form, should she be giving home address as India address or our USA address? I am giving USA address as home, as I am in USa while filling the DS160. However, the mailing address I am making it as India address for both of us.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by sam55 View Post
    I and my wife are in the USA for last 2 years on H1B and H4 visa respectively. We have visa stamping(actually first re-stamping for both of us) in India next month. I am filling out the DS 160 forms and have following questions:

1) I extended my visa in 2014 and have not been to India for stamping since. Currenlty my petition was amended(Approved) as I moved to a new location in USA. So while filling out the DS160 should I use the latest petition number that I got after amendment? Also, what petition number my wife should use - should she use my petition number or the petition she got after our extension in 2014(her petition number in I797A)?

2) one question in ds-160 is - Is your father/mother in the USA? - currently my parents are not in USA, but when I go for stamping, they will be here on tourist visa (visiting my sisters), so what should be filled here?

3) My wife has left for India just 4 days back, so while filling out this form, should she be giving home address as India address or our USA address? I am giving USA address as home, as I am in USa while filling the DS160. However, the mailing address I am making it as India address for both of us.

Thanks!!
    1. Use your latest petition number for yourself and spouse.
    2. If they would be in US at the time of interview then answer YES.
    3. I would suggest using India address for both you and spouse. DS-160 should be current as of date of interview not as of date of filling it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X