Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whether stamping will be necessary for my dependents and myself ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whether stamping will be necessary for my dependents and myself ?

    Please take some time to read over my question and answer my query.

    I was working with an IT MNC in US with H1B visa and the last visa extension that I got through them was upto May 29th 2017. When I switched my employer, I had to transfer my H1B visa to the new employer and the validity date for the new visa was upto Feb 2nd 2018.

    However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I have switched my employer last July due to which the H1B transfer happened again and the validity that I have got on my H1B now is upto Jan 6th 2017. Moreover, my dependents (spouse and son) who are on H4 visa have gone to India for vacation on Jan 10th this year.

    So, I have two questions here -

    1. Whether they will have to go for the stamping or interview in the consulate as the need be before they are supposed to come back to USA and join me ? 2. Also, if I go to India whether I will have to go for the stamping ?

  • #2
    Originally posted by sid81s View Post
    Please take some time to read over my question and answer my query.

    I was working with an IT MNC in US with H1B visa and the last visa extension that I got through them was upto May 29th 2017. When I switched my employer, I had to transfer my H1B visa to the new employer and the validity date for the new visa was upto Feb 2nd 2018.

    However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I have switched my employer last July due to which the H1B transfer happened again and the validity that I have got on my H1B now is upto Jan 6th 2017. Moreover, my dependents (spouse and son) who are on H4 visa have gone to India for vacation on Jan 10th this year.

    So, I have two questions here -

    1. Whether they will have to go for the stamping or interview in the consulate as the need be before they are supposed to come back to USA and join me ? 2. Also, if I go to India whether I will have to go for the stamping ?
    What is the expiry date of H1 and H4 visas in the respective passports?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      What is the expiry date of H1 and H4 visas in the respective passports?
      The expiry date on H1 and H4 visas are as follows -

      H1 Visa - 31st December 2013. Moreover, as per the latest I97 approval, my H1B visa is valid up-to Jan 6th 2017.
      H4 Visa - 29th May 2017

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sid81s View Post
        The expiry date on H1 and H4 visas are as follows -

        H1 Visa - 31st December 2013. Moreover, as per the latest I97 approval, my H1B visa is valid up-to Jan 6th 2017.
        H4 Visa - 29th May 2017
        Bumping this to top. Can somebody clarify my query.

        Comment


        • #5
          Your dependents do not need to go for a fresh stamping, they do need to carry your latest paystubs and latest I797.

          You on the other hand, as and when you leave US, would need to go for fresh H1 stamping in order to be allowed entry into US.

          This is my opinion not legal advice.

          Comment

          Working...
          X