221g for damaged passport - Dropbox - H-1B - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g for damaged passport - Dropbox - H-1B - Need help

I submitted my passport by Dropbox for getting H-1B visa stamped but got a 221g white slip requesting to submit new passport because my original passport is a little damaged. I have got a new passport by Tatkaal but have a few questions,

1. What additional documents do i need to submit? I was told to submit some cgi form by the employee at VFS location but i dont find any reference to it on ustraveldocs site.
    2. How soon will i get my passport with visa stamp once i submit it with new passport?
    3. Do i need to submit a NEW DS-160 form again?

Kindly help me with these questions. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by sadaphvi View Post
    I submitted my passport by Dropbox for getting H-1B visa stamped but got a 221g white slip requesting to submit new passport because my original passport is a little damaged. I have got a new passport by Tatkaal but have a few questions,

1. What additional documents do i need to submit? I was told to submit some cgi form by the employee at VFS location but i dont find any reference to it on ustraveldocs site.
    2. How soon will i get my passport with visa stamp once i submit it with new passport?

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that. I have a question regarding drop box. Can you please help.

I am planning to go for H1B drop box. Can you please let me know what documents we need to submit and how much time it took them to get back to you. Where you submitted your documents

Comment

Originally posted by mrt3019 View Post
      Hi,

I am sorry to hear that. I have a question regarding drop box. Can you please help.

I am planning to go for H1B drop box. Can you please let me know what documents we need to submit and how much time it took them to get back to you. Where you submitted your documents
      You need I797 copy, Dropbox confirmation letter (2 copies), DS160 confirmation letter, one photo per specification, Feel receipt if paid manually (not required if paid online), Passport Copy and Original Passport. It takes about 3 - 4 days to get your passport back. Pune.

Comment

Hoping for a response. Please help with my questions.

Comment

>>> If you have got the new passport, then send it to the consulate. If they have requested any additional documents, then you should submit them. Talk to the help desk if you are not clear on what documents are asked.

>>> If 221g gets cleared, within 2-3 weeks from submitted the documents for 221g.

>>> Not required. You need to include a copy of 221g form when you submit your documents.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

You need I797 copy, Dropbox confirmation letter (2 copies), DS160 confirmation letter, one photo per specification, Feel receipt if paid manually (not required if paid online), Passport Copy and Original Passport. It takes about 3 - 4 days to get your passport back. Pune.
            Thank you so much..All the best.

Comment

stamping timeline for new passport

Hoping for a response. Please help with my questions.
              Dear Member,

I am also in the same situation, submited my new passport last week. yet to know the date when it can be picked up back.

have you got your stamped passport back ? and after how many days you got it back ?

thanks in adv

Comment

hello
                can tou tel when did you get the passports with the atamp back from the embassy?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X