Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b granted in Jan 2016 (history of 221g on administrative processing) HYD CONSULATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b granted in Jan 2016 (history of 221g on administrative processing) HYD CONSULATE

I was granted the H1B US visa in Jan 2016 at the Hyderabad consulate. I am sharing my experience as I received a help from this forum and would like to return the favor. Hope this is useful, especially for people going for the interview with previous history of 221g refusal on administrative processing.

Questions asked by the officer.

A consulate attender already took my passport and gave it to the officer, while I was in the Queue and while another person was attending his interview (Quite normal):

After a while it was my turn:

Officer: What's your height?
    Me: 6'*"

Officer: Isn't it strange in your country?
    Me: Yes, I am the odd man out

officer: LOL, It's ok to be odd than even sometimes

Officer: Who's your petitioner
    Me: **** **** *

Officer: Do you have an end client?
    Me: Yes, but I work from the **** **** *' office not at the end client

Officer: What's your salary
    Me: **** **k per annum

Officer: What's your qualification?
    Me: **** ** OF **** **

Officer: you would be working as?
    Me: **** **** * ( I told my designation)

Officer : Ok your visa is approved

I was about to leave, but....

Officer: Wait wait, why was your visa rejected last time?
    Me: I was given a 221(g) for administrative processing

Officer: but why?
    Me: Administrative processing sir

Officer (LOUD): WHAT'S THE REASON
    Me: Sir, that's the only reason stated on my 221(g) form.

(Perhaps I should have elaborated the entire context)

Officer: (Looked at the monitor, I believe he was looking at my DS160 application finding the reason I gave for my earlier refusal there)

This is what I wrote in my DS 160 application:

(AFTER MY VISA INTERVIEW, I WAS ISSUED A 221(G) FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING ON **** **(date). LATER ON **** * (6 months),I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THE CONSULAR ANALYSIS AND LIAISON UNIT, HYDERABAD ASKING ME TO SUBMIT AN UPDATED CLIENT LETTER FROM **** **, BECAUSE THE LETTER THAT I HAD SUBMITTED DURING MY INTERVIEW COVERS THE TIME PERIOD ONLY THROUGH **** *(date)(EMPLOYMENT VALID FOR 6 MONTHS WITH FURTHER SCOPE OF EXTENSION).
    HOWEVER, AS I WAS OUT OF THE US FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS BY THEN AND WASN'T SURE OF MY RETURN DATE TO WORK, I WAS TERMINATED FROM THE ASSIGNMENT. I WAS REFUSED THE LETTER FROM **** ** (Client). HENCE I COULDN'T SUBMIT AN UPDATED CLIENT LETTER TO THE
    CONSULATE. I ONCE AGAIN RECEIVED AN EMAIL ON **** ** (Date after 6 months) FROM THE CONSULATE ASKING ME TO SUBMIT A VALID CLIENT LETTER WITH ONGOING WORK ASSIGNMENT. I COULDN'T SUBMIT A LETTER AS I HAD NO WORK ASSIGNMENT IN THE US, BACK THEN.)

After 10 seconds...

Officer: Looks like we have reached you multiple times?
    Me : Yes sir, I didn't have an updated client letter to submit hence I couldn't get back. I gave up on the visa.

Officer: your visa is approved.
    Me: Thanks

I couldn't believe my luck!!! God is great!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X