Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get stamping in India when I539 is still pending.. 6 years H1B expired in dec15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get stamping in India when I539 is still pending.. 6 years H1B expired in dec15

Hi folks,
    I need some advice from the members of this forum. I have a typical case which I would like to get a honest feedback.

1. 6 years of H1B expired on 17-Dec-2015
    2. H4 applied a month ago on 17-Nov-2015 and staying on H4 Receipt since then legally
    3. H4 not yet approved
    4. I-140 of my wife approved last week.

My Questions:
    Can I travel to India when H4 I539 is pending?
    What are the documents that I need to take for Consulate
    Should I revoke the I-539 . If yes should I need to do that after going out of country or can I do it here and then leave to india.. Firstly is it the best approach?
    Once I come back then will the previous I-539 becomes invalid?
    Can I file for the H4-EAD when I am outside the country when I am in India by scanning the documents and sending from there?
    What may the questions for H4 and what should I answer if they ask what I was doing for the last 2 months..
    Since my 6 years were over by Dec 17 2015 am I in out of status though I have my H4 receipt till date. but it becomes invalid when I go out of US to India.. so am I out of status from Dec 17th?
    Do I need to take the original Petition of my wife or just a copy is enough?
    Please let me know as I am planning to go to India to get stamping and come back on H4 and then file H4 EAD.

Thanks,
    Vp1984

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X