Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B restamping after change of birth date

Hello,

I recently discovered that DOB doesnt match on my passport and birth certificate. To apply for I-485, I rectified my birth date on my passport in USA and then got approved H1B amendment approved for the change of birth date. I still have my previous H1B stamping valid till next year. My question is if I travel back to India, do I need to go for restamping. My all the other information remains the same including my employer and other.

Anyone in the same situation?????

Thank you

Stuck with the same situation

Hi

Could you please tell me how long it took for the amendment to get approved and what were the following steps to get it corrected in I-94, SSN...

Thanks
    Jose

Originally posted by andy27 View Post
    Hello,

I recently discovered that DOB doesnt match on my passport and birth certificate. To apply for I-485, I rectified my birth date on my passport in USA and then got approved H1B amendment approved for the change of birth date. I still have my previous H1B stamping valid till next year. My question is if I travel back to India, do I need to go for restamping. My all the other information remains the same including my employer and other.

Thank you

Comment

I am trying to amend my visa. could you please share your experience to change DOB in visa. What are ll document you have submitted?

Originally posted by JJKVR View Post
      Hi

Could you please tell me how long it took for the amendment to get approved and what were the following steps to get it corrected in I-94, SSN...

Thanks
      Jose

Comment

Originally posted by andy27 View Post
        Hello,

Thank you
        Hi,
        Did you figure it out? I'm in the same situation. Corrected passport to match birth certificate. How did you get H1B amended? Do you know what form needs to be filed? Is there a lawyer that helped you?
        I too would like to know if the visa is valid after dob correction.

Comment

Appreciate any updates on this thread? Did you have to get new visa stamped? were there any complications with that process?, or would the unexpired visa with incorrect DOB still work? thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X