Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1B VISA from USA but Issue in the H4 Visa validity

Hi,

I am currently on H4 visa in Houston , Texas, USA. Have found a few consultancies and they are ready to file for my H1B petition for year 2016 -2017. I'll choose any one from those consultancies for this. But the issue (which I feel in my case) is , My validity on H4 visa is till September 08, 2016. Considering a positive scenario of getting picked in the Lottery in the Visa Process, what can happen?

1. Will there be any query in this case because of visa validity till 08 Sep 2016 (What about my stay from 9th Sep 2016 till 30th September 2016 as I 'll be able to work from 1st October 2016)?

2. Will USCIS approve my H1B petition but will ask me to move back to my country and come again with a stamp?

3. or something else which I may be missing here which needs to be taken care in this?

4. Do we need to leave USA before 8th September 2016 if H1B extension results do not turn up before 8th September 2016?
    5. Or We can stay till the results come ?
    Please note : my spouse will be filing for the Extension of H1B visa on 9th of March 2016 (considering 6 months cap from USCIS for the extension) but the result takes almost 5-6 months to get the results.

6. What should be the best step from my end for this?

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X