Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Travel before filing H1B amendment

Hello all,

I have a stamped H1 visa valid till 2017, for employer company A.

Recently, company A was acquired by company B. Initially the new company said that no H1B transfer is required, and only the public file needs to be updated.
    Then we moved location to company B (within 10 miles of previous location A). I have been working out of the new location for about 2 months now.

The employer wants to file an H1B amendment only now. I realize that this should have been done before the location change, but I was not aware of it and the employer didn't mention it as well.
    The trouble is that I have international travel plans coming up soon, and the company attorneys suggest that they will file the amendment for me after I return from my travel. They will provide some documents describing the acquisition and letters to confirm employment with company B.

1) Would you say traveling before filing amendment is advisable?
    2) Should I be worried about being asked about location change without H1B amendment at the POE on my return?
    3) Should I cancel my travel plans?

If they ask about my location change, can it cause any future problems for my visa extension/status because of the delay in filing H1B amendment?

Thanks for all the help!

Hello all,

I am trying to make a decision urgently about this, so any inputs would be highly appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty725 View Post
      Hello all,

I am trying to make a decision urgently about this, so any inputs would be highly appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to read!
      I would advise travelling only post amendment approval. If in hurry get it applied in premium.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X