Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer and new Job!!! Urgent Help Needed

Hi all,

My team is being let go due to organizational changes. Hence, I have only until April 15th in this job. I am actively looking for a new job. I have to travel to India for medical reasons from March 28th to April 8th. Questions --

1. If I find a new job by March 10th or before March 15th, should I go ahead and transfer my H1B to the new company and then travel after with the new I-797 ? I know I can start working for the new firm after USCIS sends the receipt notice which usually takes about 1 week. The only concern here is --

a) Because the regular H1B process for OPT students starts in April, will it affect my transfer process? I have heard from my friends that H1B transfer premium process is unavailable and/or slow during April, May & June. It is important that I have the new I-797 from the new company when I get back on April 5th. Correct? Please advise

2. The 2nd option is to travel to India while I am still employed with the current employer even if I find a job by March 15th. Then, start the H1B transfer process immediately after I am back i.e. on April 8th. Given my last day in my current job is April 15th, will starting my H1B transfer on April 8th cause any issues. Please advise.

Please also let me know of any other problems that may arise when I am travel back to US in my existing company's visa at the immigration here in US airport.

Thanks,
    Ben

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X