X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg H1b visa Interview

Hi all,
    This is pavan from India.
    currently, working in MUSCAT(oman).as Apps DBA consultant.
    I have an Offer from US,and My paper work has started and My employer is filing H1 this April.
    My complete Education and Major part of Employment is from India.
    Just two months back , I came to Muscat.
    My question is :-
    Can I attend the Interview from Muscat only ? OR
    Do I need to attend the Interview only from Home Land (India).

Is there any restriction or Time Limit to attend the Visa interview?
    I mean, If I get the papers ready by MAY 1st week. Should I wait till October to attend the interview or Immediately can i attend ?

Please help me out!!!
    Thanks
    pavan

Waiting for your reply

Pavan,
    Can you please keep me updated with your views because, i am also in same situation. But right now i am employed in India but got the offer to Oman. Could you please keep me updated with the things.
    You can always reach me at [email protected].

Hope you are a telugu guy.

Regards,

Comment

H1 issues

This is pavan from India.
      currently, working in MUSCAT(oman).as Apps DBA consultant.
      I have an Offer from US,and My paper work has started and My employer is filing H1 this April.
      My complete Education and Major part of Employment is from India.
      Just two months back , I came to Muscat.
      My question is :-

Can I attend the Interview from Muscat only ? OR
      Do I need to attend the Interview only from Home Land (India).

---- The chances of success by attending a Visa interview at a foreign country for the first time are half and half. The reason being they can direct you back to India since they will not be able to evaluate your academic credentials. The better option will be attend the interview in India

Is there any restriction or Time Limit to attend the Visa interview?
      I mean, If I get the papers ready by MAY 1st week. Should I wait till October to attend the interview or Immediately can i attend ?

---- There is no restriction to attend the interview, but you will be advised to attend the Visa interview in September for a start date in October. The reason: US Consulate does not want you to be in the US and be a burden to yourself or someone before October

---- All said and done, if you are successful with the above two conditions, then you are lucky. Well, wish you good luck in securing the Visa wherever you go to seek it

Subramanya

Comment

Reg H1 Interview from Muscat

Subramanya,
        Thanks for the reply. Can i know whether i can take up new job offer before my H1 interview. As i am already employed in India, if i change the company and join it in June'2007(in Muscat, Oman), will i face any problems during consulate interview about it.

As you said, can i take up my H1 interview in Mumbai if i join the company in Oman?

Regards,

Comment

H1 issues

Thanks for the reply. Can i know whether i can take up new job offer before my H1 interview. As i am already employed in India, if i change the company and join it in June'2007(in Muscat, Oman), will i face any problems during consulate interview about it.

---- You taking up a job before the H1 Visa interview in another country has no bearing on the interview. The choice and decision are yours

As you said, can i take up my H1 interview in Mumbai if i join the company in Oman?

---- Of course, response is as above

Subramanya

Comment

useful information for your question

Hi

Even we were in the same suitation,my husband was working in dubai and he attended the interview in dubai.
            if you are on work pemit visa of Muscat then you can take the interview in muscat and once your H1 is approved you will have to attend the interview only in 1st working day of october.

Suzy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X