Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I initiate H4 Extention when my Wife has H1B Visa Stampped ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I initiate H4 Extention when my Wife has H1B Visa Stampped ?

Dear Experts,

My Wife was with me on H4 Visa for a year and now she is in India to get her H1B visa stamped through her employer w.r.t H1B approved petition from her employer. Now the situation is that I am in middle of filling H1B Extension for myself but confused, if I Should initiate H4 Visa Extension for her as well ?

Request you to kindly help with below questions :

1.) If I file H4 Extension for my wife through my employer, does it has any impact on her H1B visa ? She will be visiting US next month to work here.
    2.) I want to file a H4 Extension, just in case if in future she has to leave her job and continuing stay with me on H4.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Nitin Chhabra

Originally posted by nitinchhabra0506 View Post
    Dear Experts,

My Wife was with me on H4 Visa for a year and now she is in India to get her H1B visa stamped through her employer w.r.t H1B approved petition from her employer. Now the situation is that I am in middle of filling H1B Extension for myself but confused, if I Should initiate H4 Visa Extension for her as well ?

Request you to kindly help with below questions :

1.) If I file H4 Extension for my wife through my employer, does it has any impact on her H1B visa ? She will be visiting US next month to work here.
    2.) I want to file a H4 Extension, just in case if in future she has to leave her job and continuing stay with me on H4.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Nitin Chhabra
    I dont see a reason why you would file an H4 extension when your wife is not in US with you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I dont see a reason why you would file an H4 extension when your wife is not in US with you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you Raghvi for your reply.

My Wife is holding a H1B Visa currently from her employer and currently in India and has plan to travel to USA via her employer in very near future. However I wanted to make sure just in case if in future she has to leave her job and get her visa status changed from H1B to H4 (dependent on my Visa), then she should be able to do that. So for the same, do we need to file extension for this scenario now along with me ?
      Please clarify.

Comment

Dear senior members,

Kindly help responding to this querry.Thank you

Regards
        Nitin Chhabra

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...