Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for profit to non profit to for profit

Here is my condition.

1) I worked for a for profit organisation and went through the quota to get my H1B visa which started May 2010.
    2) I then switched to a non for profit company in Feb 2013 and been working there since. I also have an approved I140 and a valid H1B renewal.
    3) Now I have a job offer from a for profit company again . Should I have to go through the quota again to switch over to for profit. My understanding is I do not have to go through H1B quota again if I went through it once in 6 years . Am I right in this ? If so, can I begin work with the for profit company as soon as I get the receipt of approval form USCIS? What if my non for profit employer revokes my I140. My 6 years in H1 ends May 2015 but my new renewed H1 is till 2018.

Originally posted by walkman05 View Post
    Here is my condition.

1) I worked for a for profit organisation and went through the quota to get my H1B visa which started May 2010.
    2) I then switched to a non for profit company in Feb 2013 and been working there since. I also have an approved I140 and a valid H1B renewal.
    3) Now I have a job offer from a for profit company again . Should I have to go through the quota again to switch over to for profit. My understanding is I do not have to go through H1B quota again if I went through it once in 6 years . Am I right in this ? If so, can I begin work with the for profit company as soon as I get the receipt of approval form USCIS? What if my non for profit employer revokes my I140. My 6 years in H1 ends May 2015 but my new renewed H1 is till 2018.
    Yes, you can move to the For Profit but if USICS comes to know of the I-140 revocation before deciding on it, they may not approve it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

So I can get the I797 approval (not just receipt) and then put in the 2 weeks notice at my company?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X