Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for H1B Visa while having valid L1B Visa

Hi Guys,

I am from India. I have a valid Blanket L1B visa from my current working company. But I never traveled to U.S till.
    Now I got an opportunity from a different employer in U.S and they are ready to apply for H1B. So may I proceed to apply for H1B while having the valid L1B?. If I do so, will it affect my existing L1B by any chance. Please help me.

Originally posted by Tinku_Tom View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am from India. I have a valid Blanket L1B visa from my current working company. But I never traveled to U.S till.
    Now I got an opportunity from a different employer in U.S and they are ready to apply for H1B. So may I proceed to apply for H1B while having the valid L1B?. If I do so, will it affect my existing L1B by any chance. Please help me.
    You have to weigh in your options. If it is a new H1 then at best you would go for stamping August End. As and when you go for H1 stamping, your L1 may be Cancelled, so advice to take a call base don H1 employer's credibility, as well as chances of L1 travel between now and Oct.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You have to weigh in your options. If it is a new H1 then at best you would go for stamping August End. As and when you go for H1 stamping, your L1 may be Cancelled, so advice to take a call base don H1 employer's credibility, as well as chances of L1 travel between now and Oct.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for your reply Raghvi.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

H1 Filling by 2 companies

Hello,

I need this forum help for my below query,

1. Currently I am working with company A on L1-B VISA and I am in US
          2. This year Company A is sponsoring and filling my H1.
          3. Another Company B is also ready to process my H1 and waiting for my confirmation for filling.
          4. Reason I am interested with Company B is to increase the chance of my H1 pickup in lottery.

My question is - Is it possible to transfer my H1 after lottery to Company A if my petition is picked for Company B only

Thanks
          Last edited by rajejain828; 03-07-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X