H1B: automatic re-validation. which is the best way to enter USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B: automatic re-validation. which is the best way to enter USA

I am planning to take advantage of the automatic visa re-validation program to come back into USA from Canada with an expired visa. My one major caveat is that I was already in canada while my H1B extension was in process. I only got the I797 with the valid I94 after I was in canada.
    I have 2 questions:

1) What is the safest route to come back to USA from canada, via air or via land?

I have heard that CBP officers while coming back via road may not be as well versed with the H1B visa as the officers at airports.
    Second theory is there are probably more incidences of people using AVR when they are travelling by road so probably the officers are well versed.

2) Where does my POE interview occur when I am travelling back to USA. Does it happen in canada or in USA ?
    If it occurs in USA, and I am coming by air I still run into the possibility of me being mixed with people coming from other countries and there will very well be a need for a detailed explanation about the AVR process. On the other hand, if I come via land there is no chance of getting mixed with people coming from other countries and higher chances of th officer being aware of AVR.

Your response is appreciated. Thanks!

Successfully entered using AVR

Successfully entered USA using AVR.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X