Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B & H4 VISA Application in Administrative Processing White Slip Mumbai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B & H4 VISA Application in Administrative Processing White Slip Mumbai Consulate

Hello,

We went for the interview on 18th Feb, 2016.
    Below is the script of our Visa Interview.

VO: what is your highest education?
    Me: Masters in xxxxx
    VO: what is your designation at xxxxx?
    Me: xxxxx Engineer
    VO: what is your salary?
    Me: $ xxxxx

VO TO MY WIFE: what is your education?

She to VO: Bachelors in xxxxxxxx.

Then after a brief pause of she asked us to wait int the waiting area. After an hour of wait she called us again and below is the conversation that took place.

VO: When did you complete your masters?
    Me: May 2012
    VO: I am like confused why your wife has the visa till 2019. Your student visa is fine.
    Me: I have no idea. (We got married in 2014 and so she went for visa interview in March 2014 and got the visa till 2019)
    VO: Should I go ahead and cancel her student visa?
    Me: yes.

Then after a brief conversation between the VO and the officer standing next to her...
    VO: I am returning your passport and putting your application for further administrative processing. We will contact you via email or text for further process. (handed out the 221(g) white slip with administrative processing checked). She forgot to return me the I797A notice which she returned me later upon asking for it.

The CEAC website shows the same thing that its still under processing. Did somebody had a similar experience?
    I am very worried as to why it it taking this long. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Is it advisable to contact the embassy about the VISA status?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X