Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding marital status in Visa Stamping

Hi,

I have my new I-797 approval notice from my current employer and I recently renewed my passport.
    I am travelling to India in June 2016 to get my VISA stamped on my new passport.

My current marital status is Single but I will be married in June 2016 after which I am planning to schedule a VISA appointment.

So, while I fill my DS-160 now and try to schedule an appointment, should I state my status as Single or Married?
    I am confused since I am single now and by the time I attend the interview I would be married and am travelling back to US with my spouse.

This applies to my Fiance as well, since she will be filling her DS-160 for H4 visa.

Please let me know.

Thank You

Originally posted by kgk1985 View Post
    Hi,

I have my new I-797 approval notice from my current employer and I recently renewed my passport.
    I am travelling to India in June 2016 to get my VISA stamped on my new passport.

My current marital status is Single but I will be married in June 2016 after which I am planning to schedule a VISA appointment.

So, while I fill my DS-160 now and try to schedule an appointment, should I state my status as Single or Married?
    I am confused since I am single now and by the time I attend the interview I would be married and am travelling back to US with my spouse.

This applies to my Fiance as well, since she will be filling her DS-160 for H4 visa.

Please let me know.

Thank You
    DS-160 information should be as of date of interview. So if on the date of interview you would be married, fill married.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X