Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding marital status in Visa Stamping

Hi,

I have my new I-797 approval notice from my current employer and I recently renewed my passport.
    I am travelling to India in June 2016 to get my VISA stamped on my new passport.

My current marital status is Single but I will be married in June 2016 after which I am planning to schedule a VISA appointment.

So, while I fill my DS-160 now and try to schedule an appointment, should I state my status as Single or Married?
    I am confused since I am single now and by the time I attend the interview I would be married and am travelling back to US with my spouse.

This applies to my Fiance as well, since she will be filling her DS-160 for H4 visa.

Please let me know.

Thank You

Originally posted by kgk1985 View Post
    Hi,

I have my new I-797 approval notice from my current employer and I recently renewed my passport.
    I am travelling to India in June 2016 to get my VISA stamped on my new passport.

My current marital status is Single but I will be married in June 2016 after which I am planning to schedule a VISA appointment.

So, while I fill my DS-160 now and try to schedule an appointment, should I state my status as Single or Married?
    I am confused since I am single now and by the time I attend the interview I would be married and am travelling back to US with my spouse.

This applies to my Fiance as well, since she will be filling her DS-160 for H4 visa.

Please let me know.

Thank You
    DS-160 information should be as of date of interview. So if on the date of interview you would be married, fill married.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Working...
    X