Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistake on H1 papers, is this going to cause any problem during Visa stamping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake on H1 papers, is this going to cause any problem during Visa stamping?

Hi,

My H1 got approved and I received the papers but there is a mistake on the certificate regarding my date of birth. Is this going to cause any problem when I attend the consulate for the Visa stamping? I really appreciate your response. My employer said they applied for the modification about a couple of months back but haven't received any feedback or form from the INS.

Thanks.

My Advice is to wait for the rectified Notice of action

I think you are referring to the Notice of action document with Date of birth mistake, if yes, then my advice is to wait for the rectified Notice of Action from your employer.

Comment

Satish,

Thanks for your reply.

I asked my employer several times for this but they are saying that I won't be receiving any form and I can go ahead and attend the consulate. They are saying that they applied for the modification about a couple of months back and they are saying that it might have got updated in the system by now. They are saying they applied for the modification but I am not sure if they applied or not because I should have received something about the modification if they had applied.

Can I take the risk and attend the consulate now? Don't know what else I can do now.

Thanks.

Comment

Request receipt number from your employer

If your employer has sent the document for modification he might have received a receipt. With Receipt no. you can track the status by calling for through INS website.
        Request him to send a copy of the receipt so that you can show it in US consulate.
        If you take the document which has a mistake, I don't think they will reject your visa but there are chances of getting a 221 (g) asking you for clarifications or getting the mistake rectified.

Comment

Satish,

Again thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I asked my consultancy for a copy of the receipt.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi All,

I asked my employer for a copy of the receipt but looks like he doesn't have a receipt. This makes me think that he might have not applied for the modification. What can I do in this case?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X