X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel while H1B Visa under transfer

Hi Gurus,

I searched on many forum but I still not get clear idea, Please help me

I have questions that I am working for Company A and I have valid visa till 09/2017.I got offer from Company B and they are going to file H1B transfer application in premium after one week (04/11).
    And I haev already plan for travel abrod from 04/18 to 05/09. I still working for company A and will put my paper down after coming from the trip (if Transfer completed and got the new I-797) and after serving notice period I will join the company B.

So considering travel is very hard to postpone and above situation, Does it create any problem if I travel for above period.

I really appreciate your time and it would be really helpful for me if you can provide me detailed information or share your own/family/relative experince.

Travel during H1b transfer between two companies

Hello,

I'm currently facing a very similar situation. I'm working for company A and have accepted an offer from company B, however had planned a vacation in April. Company A has started processing for a H1B transfer and I believe the transfer will be during my vacation.

If the transfer process is approved before I travel back to the USA, can I still enter in at the port of entry (because I will have a letter from company A stating that I will be a future employee after coming back)? Would it be safe to travel at this time? What are the documents I should be carrying to avoid any entry issues?

I appreciate the help in advance.

Originally posted by Harr View Post
    Hi Gurus,

I searched on many forum but I still not get clear idea, Please help me

I have questions that I am working for Company A and I have valid visa till 09/2017.I got offer from Company B and they are going to file H1B transfer application in premium after one week (04/11).
    And I haev already plan for travel abrod from 04/18 to 05/09. I still working for company A and will put my paper down after coming from the trip (if Transfer completed and got the new I-797) and after serving notice period I will join the company B.

So considering travel is very hard to postpone and above situation, Does it create any problem if I travel for above period.

I really appreciate your time and it would be really helpful for me if you can provide me detailed information or share your own/family/relative experince.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X