Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I 94 update

Hello Gurus,

I have a question regarding the I-94. My passport expired on July 7 2016. My H1 Visa is till Sep 2016.
    At the port of entry my i 94 admit was only till July 7 2016. I need to update my I 94. I went to the
    website and submitted my query but they have not responded back. Please let me know a way to
    extend my I-94. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by sri harsha 34 View Post
    Hello Gurus,

I have a question regarding the I-94. My passport expired on July 7 2016. My H1 Visa is till Sep 2016.
    At the port of entry my i 94 admit was only till July 7 2016. I need to update my I 94. I went to the
    website and submitted my query but they have not responded back. Please let me know a way to
    extend my I-94. Thanks in advance.
    Have you already got yourself a new passport?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Have you already got yourself a new passport?
      Thanks for the reply. Yes I have got my new passport. Please let me know how can i update my i 94

Comment

Originally posted by sri harsha 34 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Yes I have got my new passport. Please let me know how can i update my i 94
        First contact the local CBP office and check if they would do it. They may or may not.

If they do not, and you have no plan to travel outside US, you need to have it done using form I129.

If you do not wish to file I129, leaving and re entering would be the last option.

As your I797 is expiring in Sep 2016, might as well file extension using I129.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X