Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent Help Needed regarding H4 and F2 visa!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed regarding H4 and F2 visa!!

Hey Everyone,

So basically, I currently am an international student on F1 visa, will be graduating in May 2016. However, my application for H1-B visa have been filed as well, but the work visa will not be effective until October 2016. Therefore, I will be working on OPT until then. I wanted to know that if my fiancee, who currently has the B tourist visa, comes here and gets married to me and then goes back to Pakistan (her home country), and apply for the F2 dependent visa, will there be any problem? We are thinking of doing this because I cannot travel outside the US at least until October 2016, and I am planning to bring here her by December 2016.

Therefore, we were thinking that she comes here, we get married (as in sign the marriage certificate and what not), and then she goes back and applies for the F2 dependent visa. After that, once my H1-B visa would become effective, she would have just applied for the H4 dependent visa back in Pakistan only so that by the time I go back in December, she would have her visa and everything ready, and we could take care of the remaining ceremonies and then I would have brought her here with me.

Please let me know if this sounds like a good plan or are there any other better alternatives to make sure that we can get married and I can bring her here by December 2016?

P.S. My H1-B visa is subject to a lottery system.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks !

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X