Urgent - Lost passport. Need to attend H1-b interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - Lost passport. Need to attend H1-b interview

I lost my passport today in India, i have H1 visa stamping appointment at the consulate in 2 days. I understand that i need to apply for duplicate/replacement passport.

Does any one know the processing time in India for replacing a lost passport?
    What happens if i do not cancel my H1 interview appointment?

Originally posted by jul23vamshi View Post
    I lost my passport today in India, i have H1 visa stamping appointment at the consulate in 2 days. I understand that i need to apply for duplicate/replacement passport.

Tatkaal might take a week to 10 days but as it's a case of lost passport you first need to register a police complaint. Also, would advise you reschedule your visa appointment as without passport you would not be allowed to attend the visa interview, I doubt they will let you in also.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by jul23vamshi View Post

I had same experience when i lost my passport in India.

First of all file a police report, If your spouse/kid passport is lost as well. File individual reports as you would need original copies to apply passport.
      Second, cancel H1 appointment and inform US embassy if possible. I informed via Email to [email protected] .Include FIR, Passport/Visa Copies. Not sure if this email is still valid.
      3rd - Apply for Passport, you cant apply in Tatkal in case of Lost passport. Mine took 18 days as i knew someone at passport office. Once you get the passport, you can use your I797 to get Visa stamped, no issues in that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X