7th year H1b stamping with previous employers I-140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th year H1b stamping with previous employers I-140

I changed my employer about a year ago. My previous employer filed an I-140 and had my H1-b extended until 2017.

While switching from my previous to current employer, my current employer filed H1-B and got it approved until middle of 2018.

My current employer hasn’t started the PERM process yet.

End of this month, I am to travelling to India. During my visit, I have an appointment scheduled for H1b renewal at Chennai consulate.

Since my current employer doesn’t have an I-140 filed (has not even started the PERM process yet), I am concerned that my h1b might get rejected, as my current H1B extension is based on previous employers I-140.

Please help if anyone was in a similar situation and got their visa approved. What should be expected in terms of questions?

Any little help greatly appreciated...

You will be ok.

Originally posted by vansiy View Post
    I changed my employer about a year ago. My previous employer filed an I-140 and had my H1-b extended until 2017.

While switching from my previous to current employer, my current employer filed H1-B and got it approved until middle of 2018.

End of this month, I am to travelling to India. During my visit, I have an appointment scheduled for H1b renewal at Chennai consulate.

Since my current employer doesn’t have an I-140 filed (has not even started the PERM process yet), I am concerned that my h1b might get rejected, as my current H1B extension is based on previous employers I-140.

Please help if anyone was in a similar situation and got their visa approved. What should be expected in terms of questions?

-------------------------------

You will be OK. Nothing to worry.

Comment

Did the previous employer file for revocation of the I140?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Did the previous employer file for revocation of the I140?
        USCIS case status page says that

On mmm dd, yyyy, we approved your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker , Receipt Number ZZZ-ZZZZZZZZZZ, and emailed you an approval notice. Please follow any instructions on the approval notice.

I dont know if there is any other way to check, other than directly asking the employer, which I cannot. I don't have the original approved 1-140 petition. I have a copy.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by alaskab4udie View Post
        -------------------------------

You will be OK. Nothing to worry.
        Have you gotten your visa renewed like this?
        Last edited by vansiy; 04-15-2016, 09:17 PM. Reason: want to reply separetly

Comment

H1B Renewal

USCIS case status page says that

On mmm dd, yyyy, we approved your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker , Receipt Number ZZZ-ZZZZZZZZZZ, and emailed you an approval notice. Please follow any instructions on the approval notice.

I dont know if there is any other way to check, other than directly asking the employer, which I cannot. I don't have the original approved 1-140 petition. I have a copy.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you gotten your visa renewed like this?
          Check for which embassy has the least processing time. Then make sure you do not go for drop box. Carry all possible documents with you. Client letter, last 12 months pay stubs, W2 and everything possible. You will find the list when you go through the posts on this forum. I think you will be OK.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X