Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 Visa Stamping in India - Need advise - How to proceed

Hi,

I have valid H1 and Currently I am in US and my family is in ( 2 kids) India. I am planning to go to India to bring my family. Since I got the visa extended here, I believe I have to make an appointment and go to US Consulate for Stamping. Here I have few clarifications put it here and if you could advise it would be really helpful.

1. Do I need to fill DS-160 for each and everyone separately?
    2. Can I make one appointment with altogether (myself with family)?
    3. Do I need to pay the fee for each of us separately?
    4. what are the options I have, to pay the fee? whether I should pay from US or India?

Earliest response will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards
    Saravana

Originally posted by saran2g View Post
    Hi,

I have valid H1 and Currently I am in US and my family is in ( 2 kids) India. I am planning to go to India to bring my family. Since I got the visa extended here, I believe I have to make an appointment and go to US Consulate for Stamping. Here I have few clarifications put it here and if you could advise it would be really helpful.

1. Do I need to fill DS-160 for each and everyone separately? Yes
    2. Can I make one appointment with altogether (myself with family)? No
    3. Do I need to pay the fee for each of us separately? Yes
    4. what are the options I have, to pay the fee? whether I should pay from US or India?
    While making appointment - you will see the option. I guess you can also make payment in HDFC bank that info also you will come across as you book the appointment (Thee amount will be $190 or Rs. 12,920/-) refer http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/ for appointment

Earliest response will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards
    Saravana
    This is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by meeunda View Post
      This is my opinion.
      You can book same appoint meant slot for H1 and H4, together.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your information Raghvi & Meeunda. It is really helpful. One more quick question.

1. Can I make an appointment while I am in US or do I need to make an appointment when I am in India?

please let me know.

Thanks.
        Saravana

Comment

Originally posted by saran2g View Post
          Thanks for your information Raghvi & Meeunda. It is really helpful. One more quick question.

1. Can I make an appointment while I am in US or do I need to make an appointment when I am in India?

please let me know.

Thanks.
          Saravana
          You can make it even if you are in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for your quick response. One more question please. I have completed the DS-160 form for myself and my dependents. Can you please let me know how do I make a single appointment for all of us?

Regards
            Saravana.

Comment

Hi,

H-4 (dependents):
              If you are the principal holder of a valid H visa, your spouses, including same-sex spouses, and/or unmarried children (under age 21) may receive an H-4 visa to accompany you to the United States. However, your spouse/children are not permitted to work while in the United States.

Note: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is extending eligibility for employment authorization to certain H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who are seeking employment-based lawful permanent resident (LPR) status. Rest other H4 visa holders are not allowed to work

H-4 visa holders are allowed to open bank accounts and hold driver's license.

Note1: All the documents must be enclosed in ORIGINALS. The applicant either adult or child, must go in person at the USA Application center & US consulate for the submission of their application as they need to undergo Bio-metrics and interview. The hands of an applicant must be free with Mehndi, Kumkum, any other colors, cuts and wounds at the time of undergoing Biometrics.

Note2: Children below 14 years of age do not need to attend interview.

Thanks & Regards.
              Last edited by samlynn; 04-20-2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X