Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Successful stamping in US Embassy, Delhi

Hi Everyone!!!

Got my H4 Visa stamped from US Embassy Delhi on 22nd of Feb 2006 without any hassle. The interview with the Visa officer lasted for 3/4 minutes and the whole process which includes initial verification and finger printing took an hour and half.

I am from Assam staying in Bangalore and had applied in Delhi... My husband got his H1 Visa stamped in Mumbai on December 14th 2005 and is still in India. I was scared if I get re-directed to Chennai or Kolkata or for that matter why is he still in India, etc etc.

But friends, for H4 applicants, you can apply in New Delhi provided you can speak in English, Hindi or Punjabi. The reason being they don't have translators for other language. Thats all!!!

I was asked only a few questions.

1. Husband's name?
    2. Date of marriage?
    3. Photocopy of principal applicant's passport. A photocopy of the I797B was already stapled to the passport along with the draft and visa fee receipt by the first counter.
    4. A few marriage photographs which he quickly flapped through.
    5. Did you know him before you got married?
    6. Which places in Assam are worth a visit because he was planning to visit Guwahati next week? ( )
    7. Which state will you be staying while in America.

That was all he asked. He did not ask for the marriage certificate or any other document. Yes, we did get our respective spouse name endorsed in our passports. Endorsement usually takes one or two visits to the passport office where your passport was orginally issued.

I don't think there is any reason to panic for H4 applicants. You just need to proof that your marriage is genuine and be confident with whatever you are saying and carry a smile. Trust me it works.

All the best to everyone!!!
    Last edited by Zenifar; 02-23-2006, 09:39 AM.

Thanks for posting ur experience

I am also in the same situation. i got my H1b on feb 15th and took an appointment for my wife's H4 in May.
    Actually iam from chennai cosular district, but working in Delhi and took the appointment here itself.Is there any chance they ask my wife to go to chennai consulate? 'coz i have travelled like that to get my H1.
    My morale and courgage levels gone up by looking at ur posting...
    Thanks for sharing ur experience.
    Cheers
    AspiDelhi

Comment

Hi,

No Problem at all.. The Visa Officers are there to issue us Visa not to reject us. Do not worry at all.

Your wife just needs to proof she is married to you. Thats all.. If possible ask her to get your name endorsed in her passport. She will need to purchase Form 2 from the passport office and submit it along with an affidavit from a district magistrate that she is your legal wife along with a joint photograph and her original passport. The details of the affidavit is included in the Form.

I think you are only redirected on language issues or for H1B applicants when your petition is filled in a different consulate. They do this because all your education, background verification details is with the respective consulate. As you are already on H1B, for H4 as no such verification is required. I don't think she will be redirected.

Keep us updated.

Cheers!!!

Comment

i really appreciate ur advice...

Thanks alot Zen!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X