Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfers in parallel

Hi,
    I am currently working as FTE with employer A (global product MNC),my current H1B visa valid till Feb'17 and six year period ends on Nov'18,I also have an approved I-140 from employer A which is more than 180 days old now.My employer notified me a month back that my position will be eliminated in a few weeks time due to headcount downsizing and I will be receiving 3 months regular payslips after my last working day.I also know that I will be out of status after my last working day though I am going to receive payslips for next three months.

I started looking for the jobs since I got the layoff news from my employer A and I am managed to get two jobs,let's say company B and C, company B is a US based contracting firm and direct vendor for many consulting companies.Company C is one of the top 5 indian outsourcing company.B has already started the LCA process this week and C will start the LCA posting 1-2 weeks from now.

In this case,shall I work for company B few weeks(2-4 weeks mostly)when I got the receipt and join company C once C's H1B is approved??.I am not planning to do this mainly for money, anyway I will be receiving pay from employer A for next three months.I just want to make sure that I am in status "H1B" at any cost.

Additional info: Employer A is not going to cancel my H1B for next 4 months and not planning to cancel I-140 at all.

Looking for the inputs from the people who came through this situation,thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X