Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel to USA without transferring petition from current employer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to USA without transferring petition from current employer??

Hi,
    I have valid stamped H1-B visa from my current employer A who is not sending me to USA.
    My new employer basically a consultancy firm(B), saying me that they will initiate the invitation letter / offer letter from their company for me.
    With those documents and approved petition from A, I can travel to USA, and once I landed to USA, they will initiate the process
    for SSN and transfer of petition. Is it legal/possible to travel without transferring employer A's petition to new employer??.
    Because I will have to resign from employer A in order to travel to USA.
    The suspecious thing is, B is saying that at POE, I have to tell them that, I am going from my current employer i.e. A to work with my client which
    is B.

Can you please help me with this. It's very confusing and seem illegal to me.?

There has been an increasing amount of POE scrutiny of late with certain visa types. Shady consultancies is one aspect, a good number of which are US-based desi-owned. You may wish to sort things out with your employer first.. before traveling to the US and facing additional scrutiny by the CBP.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X