Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 - Not being paid bench time & no pay stub

Hi Friends,

I am on H1B visa I been working with my employer for over a year now. I am on bench for 2 weeks now and my employer didn't run payroll and no pay. I am usually paid bi-weekly, my last received pay stub was dated April 15, 2016 (up to April 2).

He puts me on different projects and this time it took a little longer to get a project (last day on project Apr 1, 2016 and the April 15 pay stub included pay period up to April 2).

I am actively looking out for new project in which case my employer may consider paying (least possible) or try get full time job and transfer my visa. I am not sure how much time I have to keep trying to find a new employer

My current visa is due to expire in October this year. My employer just mentioned that I do not work for him anymore even though verbally and H1 is good until October (assuming he doesn't revoke or anything).

Please provide any suggestions as to how I should go about making him pay me and run pay roll during bench time.

Thanks in advance,

Krishna

Originally posted by krishna2016 View Post
    Hi Friends,

I am on H1B visa I been working with my employer for over a year now. I am on bench for 2 weeks now and my employer didn't run payroll and no pay. I am usually paid bi-weekly, my last received pay stub was dated April 15, 2016 (up to April 2).

He puts me on different projects and this time it took a little longer to get a project (last day on project Apr 1, 2016 and the April 15 pay stub included pay period up to April 2).

I am actively looking out for new project in which case my employer may consider paying (least possible) or try get full time job and transfer my visa. I am not sure how much time I have to keep trying to find a new employer

My current visa is due to expire in October this year. My employer just mentioned that I do not work for him anymore even though verbally and H1 is good until October (assuming he doesn't revoke or anything).

Please provide any suggestions as to how I should go about making him pay me and run pay roll during bench time.

Thanks in advance,

Krishna
    Complain to DOL.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Complain to DOL.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for your response Raghvi, I however have a couple questions:

1. If I take this route what will happen to my current H1 as it has 6 more months and would he not revoke it right after my complaint and lets say I don't find a job for sometime then I would be out of status, right? what is the work around

2. what would be the worst case scenario in case I go ahead complain to DOL, I would not anticipate any legal issues as I have a family and a dependent child. Also I assume I find a new employer very soon

3. Is it okay if I just leave it as it is and wait until I get another employer to transfer the visa, would the new employer be okay with me not having pay stub for a month or so? if the new employer is okay for not having a paystub or 2 would it be an issue at the time of GC process? Please advise

Thanking you

Krishna

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X