H1B Visa Expiring on Aug 2016, Need advice Reg H4 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Expiring on Aug 2016, Need advice Reg H4 Visa

I have recently travelled to US on H1B Visa. My Visa is expiring on 10th Aug 2016. I plan to apply for extension. My Wife and 4 month old son stay in India. I have 3 month 10 days of Visa Validity. Can i go ahead and apply H4 for wife and son H4 Visa. is there any restriction of granting H4 Visa and is there any restriction that the H4 Visa person has to enter the country with in specific time. Kindly answer my query.

I am filling DS160 for my wife and son. in the " how long they want to stay option " should i enter the actual visa period or can i enter the tentative period of stay.

Originally posted by Sulaiman Yusuf View Post
    I have recently travelled to US on H1B Visa. My Visa is expiring on 10th Aug 2016. I plan to apply for extension. My Wife and 4 month old son stay in India. I have 3 month 10 days of Visa Validity. Can i go ahead and apply H4 for wife and son H4 Visa. is there any restriction of granting H4 Visa and is there any restriction that the H4 Visa person has to enter the country with in specific time. Kindly answer my query.

I am filling DS160 for my wife and son. in the " how long they want to stay option " should i enter the actual visa period or can i enter the tentative period of stay.
    I would suggest you apply for their H4 only after getting your H1 extension approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X