Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Renewal and H4 Stamping - Layoff - Travel outside US

Hi,

I am in a strange situation and would like some clarification on the below scenario.

I am currently with company A which has given my last date to end of this month(May 2016) after which i will be laid off. I am currently travelling to india for my wedding. I scheduled a H4 stamping interview for my wife and my renewal stamping as well by Mid May. I am likely to receive an offer from company B which is willing to initiate a H1B transfer process while i am in india. So my queries are :

1) Can i get the renewal and H4 stamping for my wife with company A's petition (which is still valid during interview)?
    2) do i have to enter US before End of May for the stamping to be valid? and do i have to do anything else once after i get the H1B Transfer completed for company B?
    3) Or should i wait for company B's transfer to be complete and reschedule the stamping? Does this make a difference on stamping for H4?

Thanks in advance!!

Originally posted by vallme2003 View Post
    Hi,

I am in a strange situation and would like some clarification on the below scenario.

I am currently with company A which has given my last date to end of this month(May 2016) after which i will be laid off. I am currently travelling to india for my wedding. I scheduled a H4 stamping interview for my wife and my renewal stamping as well by Mid May. I am likely to receive an offer from company B which is willing to initiate a H1B transfer process while i am in india. So my queries are :

1) Can i get the renewal and H4 stamping for my wife with company A's petition (which is still valid during interview)?
    2) do i have to enter US before End of May for the stamping to be valid? and do i have to do anything else once after i get the H1B Transfer completed for company B?
    3) Or should i wait for company B's transfer to be complete and reschedule the stamping? Does this make a difference on stamping for H4?

Thanks in advance!!
    Till when is your H1 visa stamp valid?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Till when is your H1 visa stamp valid?
      Hi Raghvi,

My current stamp in passport has expired, as i understand i won't be able to travel back from india without the new stamping. I have my I797 valid till Jan 2018 with company A.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X