Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Status Verification

Hi All,

I got my Visa stamped and the validity date is from 10/01/2013 to 09/14/2016, but I worked in US only from 06/14/2014 - 06/14/2015 and presently I am in India from 06/16/2015 to till date. I need to know if my employer doesn't find a project for me till 09/14/2016, Does that mean I cannot work in US anymore since my visa validity is expired. Can I find a new employer even after my visa expiry and is it possible to renew the remaining 5 years which I didn't worked in US with the new employer ?

Thanks,
    Vishal

Yes, you may find a new employer and get your H1B transferred to them.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
      Yes, you may find a new employer and get your H1B transferred to them.
      Thank you Sir. Is any validity time for extension. Like if I find a new employer by 2020, whether I still comes under CAP Exempt category or do we have any validity for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishall_KS View Post
        Thank you Sir. Is any validity time for extension. Like if I find a new employer by 2020, whether I still comes under CAP Exempt category or do we have any validity for this.
        Assuming you were paid till 06/14/2015, As long as laws are not changed, you can choose to file a cap exempt till June 2021 (6 Years from your last held valid H1 status).

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X